Thank you for helping Cornerstone and being willing to partner with us to change the trajectory of families’ lives. This month Rasmussen College is coming to make lunch for our families, Piper Jaffrey employees are going to clean up the grounds and of course we have many volunteers doing childcare, making a weekly meal, helping administratively, sewing with the kids, helping with homework and so much more! THANKS TO ALL!
Upcoming Volunteer Needs
Email Laura for specifics at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a Meal (Tuesday’s at 5:30 pm) Open Dates: June 16, August 18, October 20, December 15
- Childcare Volunteer: Monday’s 6:30 pm to 8 pm
- Pick up donations at St. Louis Park Target and drop off at Cornerstone one Thursday a month
- Summer Camp Peacemaker for Cornerstone kids in August: T-shirt printing, lunch donations (no kitchen facilities so preferably pre-made)
- Staining the new playground fence (experienced painters – it’s a messy job!)
- Gardener for community garden: plan and implement a community garden at our transitional housing
- Peace Garden: garden one hour a week in our beautiful Peace Garden
- Front Plant Potter: We have the plants. We just need a creative soul to dig in this week!
Donation Needs for Cornerstone Families:
NOTE: All donations should be new and can be dropped at Cornerstone, 1000 East 80th Street in Bloomington
- Healthy snacks for summer: Granola bars, fruit (apples, grapes, bananas, tangerines), ready to eat veggies (carrots, pea pods), healthy crackers, raisins, yogurt, juice boxes, water bottles, whole grain bread and peanut butter
- Bath and beach towels
- Flip flops (all sizes, male and female)
- Bathing suits (all sizes, male and female)
- Summer clothing (shorts, t-shirts, capris – all sizes, particularly XL women)
The youth staff have requested tickets to sporting events if anyone has an idea.
The Twins donated tickets this month and it was such a great experience for the children.
Thank you for your consideration!